Actually SCCA now does have that "bridge", the HPCCC (High Performance Car Control Clinics). I don't care for the title but it is Driver's Education program that has been in existence for the last two years and my region, Alabama, has been putting on HPCCCs the last two years. The program needs to be tweaked some and I have put my two cents in on that and thankfully some changes have been made. It needs to run in a event chair friendly and entrant friendly format and under rules similar to PCA and BMWCCA which have been doing this for a long time without major issues. It needs to be promoted more heavily and I have discussed this with National more than once. They seem to be listening in that next to Solo 2, HPCCCs should be the next biggest participant level in SCCA activities which I think will only improve the club racing scene. I think NASA's idea of running HPDEs and races on the same weekend is a pretty good idea. The DE folks get to mingle with the racers and I bet more bit off on the racing after watching it. For what it is worth the Alabama region is combining Solo 2 and HPCCC in a two day format at TGPR twice this year. So that will whet the appetite of Solo 2 people to try DEs. I think it is a good thing.

Oh yeah. I will be at National Convention too.

Barry H.
Al. Reg. RE.
Originally posted by lateapex911:
You know, I Do wish the SCCA had a better "bridge" (Read HPDE) between SoloII and road racing.

I know there are a lot of issues and reasons (manpower, for example) that keep us, as a club, from having a larger role.

As it is, I think we lose a lot of potential racers to marque clubs, like the PCA, where the "racing" is less stressful, (13/13 rule, and lots of previous track time) and there are 12 classes just for 911s! (OK, kidding on the last part, but you get the point)