This type of stuff really irritates the hell out of me...companies that do not stand behind their product.

Bob, keep at them...take them to court...do what you must. VW of America (MUCH smaller example) would not stand behind my wife's car coil packs when they went bad....even though they were FAULTY from factory..sure enough, lots of people kept at them, someone filed a lawsuit, and WHAMMO, recall on all 2000-2002 1.8Ts to get new coil packs. Obviously, not even close to the trailer incident (THANK GOD no one got hit by that thing), just very frustrating.

And to think, even after you ask for ANOTHER trailer from them, they still won't budge.

Best of luck.

Alan

EDIT: not to steal the thread, but this is a good opportunity to tell others to check their trailer thouroughly at all the weld points...this comment is directed mainly at those with "inexpensive" open trailers (that is what I use)...you will find that the welds are minimal at best. Many spots where a bead should be, there is only a "spot" weld. My friend who has the EXACT same trailer as I do (purchased at the same time) loaded a 5000 skid steer (2 3500 pound axle trailer) and welds broke...he had to go back and do some repairs.

[This message has been edited by itbgti (edited May 17, 2004).]