In response to your claim of SE Div drivers not using Kumho tires. In Central Florida Region, 9 of the last 10 IT7 regional races have been won by cars using Kumho tires. These cars are not sponsored by Kumho, however it does make economic sense to use these tires for this fact. Kumho pays $150.00 (Credit) per win with 5 or more cars in class. 2nd receives $75.00 and 3rd receives $50.00.

What other tire company supports the tire user in this fashion?

In as far as the tires go, they are very high quality tires, they have very high grip form the beginning of a race to the end of a race and can be "leaned on" hard and respond very well.

I have found the Reps at Kumho to be very racer friendly. Equally, I have found the outlet (Tire Rack) also to be very responsive to shipping new tires and crediting my CC with the "Kumho Bucks" in a timely manner.

Racing is expensive, We all knew that when we started. Anyway to run competively, and reduce cost is a plus to regional racing and this avenue, I have found, has been a a cost savings of enormous proportions to my budget.

(plus my wife does gripe about me getting new tires all the time)

Mike Cox
#37 IT7
Central Florida Region

[This message has been edited by Mike Cox (edited April 05, 2004).]