JohnRW,

After my Regional meeting last night, I am able to say accurately that as a Licensed SCCA Registrar, WNYR SCCA has not recieved any notification of required Medical information in envelopes to be attached to helmets, or any other changes from the methodology used during the last season.

My question to you, or whom ever can answer it, is:
If we are dealing with "SCCA club racing insurance..." as you stated above, shouldn't the same standards be applied to other regions, as in "universal" since we are using the same insurance carrier? Are we in fact talking about a different carrier?

Anyone have an answer to this riddle?

Also...

To Jake:

To answer your question about blood type listed on a MedAlert Braclet...It is also NOT used as a reference in a Trauma setting for the same reason stated earlier. Specificially, a hospital will ONLY transfuse type-specific blood typed from the actual blood of the patient. When that is not available, Universal Donor blood us used, commonly referred to as "Un-crossed" blood.

There are many more classifications used in Cross Matching (different concept from Typing) blood before it can be used on a patient. Type only refers to the common ABO and Rh factors.

Good racing.

Bill

[This message has been edited by bill f (edited May 05, 2004).]

[This message has been edited by bill f (edited May 05, 2004).]