Just talking hypothtically:

The renter/driver/entrant is ultimatly responsible for knowing the rules and presenting himself as such, no matter how new. If he/she got bad information and illegal equipment and isn't allowed to run, they need to take that up with the owner. I would expect a full refund be in order if they were sold a bill of goods.

If you are going to go one step further and say that an injury was sustained because the equipment didn't meet manditory requirements, I would leave that one alone - big lawer-like discussions to be had - and that isn't my cup of tea.

As co-owner of a racecar rental business, I WOULD NEVER put a driver in a sub-standard car or safety equipment. As a simple business practice, we are not here for ONE rental, we are here for MULTIPLE. Word of mouth in some of these Regions runs quicker than it did in junior-high school. Best to be GOOD news.

From the instuctors veiw, if I saw some safety concerns, I would get the Cheif steward and have him make the call. It's nobodys fault but the owner.

All IMHO.

AB

------------------
Andy Bettencourt
06 ITS RX-7
FlatOut Motorsports
New England Region
www.flatout-motorsports.com