Not to go on about 924's, since this is intended to be a general thread, but it was perhaps a 924-specific issue of brake package. Apparently Prod only allows the base brake package, which would mean I would have to dump my disc/disc brakes for wimpy solid disc/drums... and this when I'm going faster. Maybe it's a misunderstanding of rules, but that's why I wanted to bring it up as an example of possible or at least perceived rules disparity.

As far as safety, I see where everyone's comeing from about car speeds, and the added cost, however I personally rank it at the bottom of the priority list when I categorize all my issues with a possible change to LP. To me, I think the rules should be closely enough aligned to allow a switch to (legal) LP status with minimal financial outlay; admitting that it's a step up the ladder, it's reasonable to me that it might cost a couple more bucks, but those should be a modest progression for a well-built IT car, not a huge tear-up and rebuild.

I still have no EFFIN idea how I could take 400# off my car to make weight in FP, though! Of course, that's back to the competitive argument, not a legality question. Methinks maybe my car isn't an ITA car?

------------------
Vaughan Scott
Detroit Region #280052
'79 924 #77 ITA/GTS1
www.vaughanscott.com