Yes, IT-7s are ITA RX-7s. No difference, it's just an option excercised by some regions that want to get more cars out to race, knowing that folks will sit home rather than getting their tails whipped. So, give 'em a class, and see if they show. Generally, from what I understand, it has helped entries. I would prefer it wasn't needed.

In NER, we have a perpetual "Mazda Cup" that goes to the fstest RX-7 of the event.

Porting is a fast way to the front, and the temptation is great. And there are other internal tricks that are not lolipop detectable that have some of the same benifits as porting. Illegal, of course.

I have heard rumours of fast RX-7s whipping the CRXs in certain areas, but they are isolated.

The facts: A CRX weighs about 200 pounds less than a 7. And it puts out about 125 HP. Some say the 7 engine can match the overall number in IT trim, but not the torque. And the 7 carries a live rear axle. IF the 7 had the same power it is still an uphill battle to match a car with a better suspension, better throttle response, and nearly 10% less weight.

I would be interested to hear how these RX-7s are making their power, as it is a prodigious amount, to be sure.

------------------
Jake Gulick
CarriageHouse Motorsports
ITA 57 RX-7
New England Region
[email protected]