Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Convention Notes

Thanks to those who saw my comment for what it was, some great points were made.

------------------
    Lance Snyder
    Atlanta Region F&C

No more the small one, the weak one, the frightened one.
    Running from beatings, deflating.
    I'm becoming more than a man. More than you ever were.
    Driven and burning to rise beyond Jesus.

Lance, I may have taken what you said wrong and it needs to be understood that I appreciate the work that workers and offcials do. I appreciate it enough to Donate money for dinners at the yearly convention. I have bought equipment to make their jobs and lives easier. I know the workers in my region know me well enough to know that my comment about writing the checks was more a matter of disagreeing with the thought that anyone allows me to race. What I as a driver expect from any volunteer is that they are fair friendly and good stewards of our club and our finances. I will say that my experience has been that 99.5% of them have always been that way. Unfortunate that the .5% can really screw it up for the whole lot of us.I understand that the same can be said for drivers and I have had the pleasure of those people to either on the track or in the pits. I won't tolerate a driver with a shitty attitude at a race anymore than an official. So to those that took my comments wrong I appologize.

Originally posted by Joe Harlan:
    Lance, I may have taken what you said wrong and it needs to be understood that I appreciate the work that workers and offcials do. I appreciate it enough to Donate money for dinners at the yearly convention. I have bought equipment to make their jobs and lives easier. I know the workers in my region know me well enough to know that my comment about writing the checks was more a matter of disagreeing with the thought that anyone allows me to race. What I as a driver expect from any volunteer is that they are fair friendly and good stewards of our club and our finances. I will say that my experience has been that 99.5% of them have always been that way. Unfortunate that the .5% can really screw it up for the whole lot of us.I understand that the same can be said for drivers and I have had the pleasure of those people to either on the track or in the pits. I won't tolerate a driver with a shitty attitude at a race anymore than an official. So to those that took my comments wrong I appologize.
    Right on the money. I am with you 100%.

AB

------------------
    Andy Bettencourt
    06 ITS RX-7
    FlatOut Motorsports
    New England Region #188967

Originally posted by Joe Harlan:
    That I can agree with you about. Club racing has a very unique relationship between the club, the racers and the people behind the scenes that make it happen.

------------------
    Lance Snyder
    Atlanta Region F&C

No more the small one, the weak one, the frightened one.
    Running from beatings, deflating.
    I'm becoming more than a man. More than you ever were.
    Driven and burning to rise beyond Jesus.