Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 17hrs or so of Daytona

I work for Bell Motorsports (the overall winner of DP) The reason the race was red flagged was because all of the tire manufactures ran out of rain tires for the competitors. Goodyear, Dunlop, and Hoosier were OUT of rain tires. Teams were having to purchase used rains from other teams that dropped out of the race. Besides the tire situation, track conditions were horrible and during the red flag, it was raining so hard on pit road, crews could hardly see. Grand-am made a wise call for safety reasons as well as supporting their tire companies. With 55 cars requiring at least 18 sets of rain tires each... there was a severe deficit of rains.

I work for Bell Motorsports (the overall winner of DP) The reason the race was red flagged was because all of the tire manufactures ran out of rain tires for the competitors. Goodyear, Dunlop, and Hoosier were OUT of rain tires. Teams were having to purchase used rains from other teams that dropped out of the race. Besides the tire situation, track conditions were horrible and during the red flag, it was raining so hard on pit road, crews could hardly see. Grand-am made a wise call for safety reasons as well as supporting their tire companies. With 55 cars requiring at least 18 sets of rain tires each... there was a severe deficit of rains.

Originally posted by bobpink:
    Word I got about the Hutchens Device at the Daytona 24 race is that a majority of the drivers were wearing it improperly and it would have offered little to no protection.
    Maybe they were just worried about "the little guys". See an old IT Forums thread at: http://Forums.ImprovedTouring.com/it/Forum...TML/000535.html

Note 2nd to last paragraph from Dr. Bob Hubbard. Ouch.

[This message has been edited by JohnRW (edited February 04, 2004).]