Originally posted by Greg Krom:
I can tell you that the 2300 lb spec weight on the Neon is completely unrealistic. It is a good 150 to 200 lbs too light.

My Spec Neon weighs over 2450 with me in it (I weigh 190, only 10 lbs above the bogey). The car is a '94 ACR Sedan (the lightest available) with a minimal cage, full interior removed, very light kevlar drivers seat, etc. The only thing I have not done is remove the sound deadening, but that sure doesn't add up to 150 lbs, especially on a '94 - there just isn't much deadening material there.

I'm afraid that this bogus weight is the cause of alot of the concern that the CRB and ITAC have regarding moving the car to ITA. That makes a difference of over 1 pound per horsepower when your looking at power-to-weight ratios. Thats enough to change some perceptions.
<Cut and pasted from the NE section - lets keep all our replies here so we can get someting done...>

So, if the 2300 min can't be achieved in the 132hp SOHC car, what weight would YOU put it at in ITA? It would seem a little light given the current makeup. 2400? How about the DOHC car that had 150? 2550?

Throw out some ideas with some justification.

AB

------------------
Andy Bettencourt
06 ITS RX-7
FlatOut Motorsports
New England Region #188967
www.flatout-motorsports.com

[This message has been edited by ITSRX7 (edited January 29, 2004).]