Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Painting the interrior - easiest method?

Put the carpet back in, you barbarians.

K

The red looks very nice above, but would be distracting to me. We wanted to do something crazy in the Audi interior but my father advised us that it would be distracting while you drive.. IE it would always catch your eye from the corner.

I then remembered why Jim Reedy (anyone remember the supper fast ITS Datson Z back in the "good old days") once told me that his car was partialy pink because it distracted other drivers... from his viewpoint in the car it looked as though it was white (hood and uper part of sides and fenders that you would notice in mirror).

Anyway back to the topic... LOL

I painted the Role Cage Black to match interior trim, The back area behind drivers compartment and the back "firewall" was glossy grey (matched door panels and exterior well), and the floor area (area that tends to get dirty) I painted with trunk paint. The truck paint was grey with flecks of white and black matched very well, hides dirt (Also bolts ), and adds grip to the floor under the driver seat.

Hope this helps...

Raymond Blethen

------------------

RST Performance Racing
    www.rstperformance.com
    1st and 2nd 2003 ITB NARRC Championship
    1st and 6th 2003 ITB NERRC Championship
    3rd 2003 ITB ARRC Sprint Race
    4th 2003 ITB ARRC Endoro
    1st 2003 AS NERRC and NARRC Championships

I second the trunk spatter paint. It does add grip to the floor, is light in color and keeps the interior cool, with out a gloss reflection. It does show some dirt, but just shoot over it. I've used it for 3 years and really like it.

[This message has been edited by B Schley (edited December 17, 2003).]