Good move, glad you were able to swing it, cost wise. I just don't have any faith in junkyard engines. The Nissan six cylinder L series engines are VERY reliable mills (also heavier than a 5.0 Ford), and I still don't think I would ever again run a used engine unless it came from an appropriate source (not the salvage yard). That said, mine held up well even with over 150K on it and an unknown history, but it was getting pretty tired.

We'll see how long the new one lasts, but the power is way up. The RX-7's can't pull me anymore, and the 944's drop back three or four car lengths on each straight. Now if I can just figure out how those guys corner so fast I might have a chance - a chance of not getting lapped that is

In case you couldn't tell, I had a great time at La Junta last weekend. I improved my time just over two seconds/lap from Saturday's practice to Sunday's race.

Also, just in case you were wondering, a blown R/R tire on turn five (the wide open right just before the back straight) isn't a good way to finish a race. I can't believe how quickly my car spun when the tire let go. It was like someone threw a switch.

Next race for me is Pueblo in July. What's on your schedule?

------------------
Ty Till
#16 ITS
Rocky Mountain Division