I did not see the entire wreck event on Saturday. But, I did learn a lot in the events that took place afterwards regarding how the SCCA protests work and procedures that are followed. I can only offer one comment on that:

If something happens of this nature during a race, and you saw it happen, you should bear witness to the event and take the time to respond to documentation requests by others involved in SCCA legal procedures.

Apparently three cars were destroyed and two damaged in an incident that should not have ever happened. Obviously I'm biased since I own part of a damaged car, but some folks lost their entire car. Sure, it is just racing and part of the game and we accept that. But it appeared that it was due to a driver who had some difficulty understanding some basic concepts of race starts, when the race starts, and what to do when your car departs the track. I think the penalty would have been higher had Jeff and Jay had more support with the protest procedures and, given what I've been told by four drivers, would be completely in line.

------------------
Ron Earp
NC Region
Ford Lightning
RF GT40 Replica
Jensen-Healey ITS
1/2 a 260Z ITS