Just found out that we'll be moving from Ft Lauderdale to Greensboro , N.C. I have had a great time running the IT7 class in the SE and CF Region over the past year and one half. Here is my question . I have heard and read that the SE region has a strong IT7 contingency as compared to other regions. I have enjoyed racing against 12 - 15 competitors in my class espcially at the Sebring races. I need to decide wether I should take the IT7 to N.C. or sell it here and buy a different class car to race up there with. I purchased my car from Maryland and have been pretty competitive with it always running near the front. Believe me the car is good because as a rookie driver I still have a long way to go. I want to keep racing but if the IT7 classes in N.C., Virgnia, S.C. only attract a few cars in the class I would rather find a class with more competitors. I would appreciate any input from anyone who has a feel for SCCA racing in the N.C. region. If it makes more sense to change classes I will list my IT7 on this site first. I would like to see what this car would do in the hands of a more experienced driver on Florida tracks . I qualified it second and finished second (first heat)at the June Sebring race. I think most of the drivers I race with could get even more out of it. But first things first- Is there life in the IT7 class outside of Florida ??
Thanks
Jim Innella
IT7 #60