Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Lime Rock July 5th IT Pro Race

Originally posted by Lime Rock Fan:
    1) I could care less whether YOU want to give me any respect or consideration- my only concern is for the proper conduct of those who would threaten the safety of another driver. I am not asking anyone to take me at face value or believe me, or give me any respect. Ask Mr. Serra his side. I simply want to get a conversation started.

So, what you are is an anonymous little sh*t-stirrer.

2) Oooh. Yes, you must have a great big sack. I will stand behind wat I say. I choose not to be identified.

Uh, yeah, that's it.
    That is my choice. I don't race, won't be out there with you guys, won't ever meet any of you, so stop trying to change the topic at hand-
    If you happen to upset someone with a move or a mistake you make on track, do YOU want to be threatened by that person (after you go to apologize), to be flipped onto your roof? Do YOU have enough SACK for that?

Yes- I was told this story by one party. I simply think that you need to inquire with the other party, see if it is true, and let them know (if it is true) that this type of behavior is NOT acceptable. If the other party says that this is not the case, let him come forward and deny it.

Yeah, that's it, call another driver's character into question before you verify anything that you've been told, and then expect other people to verify it. All while hiding behind an internet nickname. People like that are usually referred to as trolls.

I will post nothing further- since my sack is shriveling rapidly in the presence of your great big elephant balls.
    Thank God for that!

------------------
    MARRS #25 ITB Rabbit GTI (sold) | MARRS #25 HProd Rabbit
    SCCA 279608

To prove that you are a dimwitted little troll yourself, and that you are not capable of the intelligance required to understand the underlying point, and wish to instead focus on a person's name- let me clarify that my actual name is Jonathon Barnes.

Let me ask you a couple of questions:

1) What does a guy, who admitted that he made a mistake, and was going over to apologize to the affected person, stand to prove or gain by fabricating such a story?
    NOTHING. This is why I believe him- one of the two parties actually involved.

2) Why are you more interested in somebodies name (who doesn't race, and which has no bearing on the issue at hand), than one of your fellow racers threatening to take someone out in a violent manner on the track?

I would suggest that your priorities are a tad, off

I have watched and participated with 'Mr. Serra' for years - he is a top level competitor and an all around nice guy. If he told someone that they have no business being on the track then he is probably correct. Does that mean that this driver should take up Golf? Probably not. But on the other hand some drivers go to two licensing schools then show up and are expected to be fully aware of their position on the track and the competitors around them.

I'm sure that neither party involved intended for this to be the outcome of their weekend. I also don't anticipate 'Mr. Serra' painting his new car Flat Black with a Jolly Roger on the hood and putting a patch over one eye.

Rob Driscoll

Interesting argument. Hope all involved can get together and hash out their differences. I don't know either of them, so I'm not going to get in the middle.

I'm only here to congratulate RAY LEE CHEE on a fine drive in ITA (oh, yeah, you too Brian!)

The ITA race was very exciting for most of the race, looks like Ray spent a little more time keeping his tires under him than the others.

Can't wait till NHIS this weekend. Car is ready, I think I'm ready, let's do it!

Jeremy (in case anyone needs to know my name. )

Mr Lime Rock "fan",
    Not sure how it is on other sites, but here we sign our names. Most of us all know each other and race together, and you have done neither.......

No where did Bill say Dave or Anthony was in the wrong, all he said was that all the facts should be gathered before a judgement is made. Anthony is well known and respected NER and nobody is going to pay attention to your rant without all the facts....or a name........

Chill out, move on........

------------------
    Jeff L
    #74 ITB GTi

Unfortunately one of the facts of racing SCCA regionals is that you're going to be out there with rank novices. Lime Rock Fan is correct that this is where the novices race (regionals). This means that the more experienced drivers have to take into account that they are likely to do some unexpected things on the track. We all make mistakes and novices tend to make more than their share.

When I was racing regionals, whenever I came up on a car with an X/triple stripes signifying a novice I almost always waited for a point by in the corners or waited until the straight to pass. Often this meant disrupting a good lap, and this could be especially frustrating in qualifying. But the alternative...well you see what can happen.

Just one of the hazards of running regionals. Add that to the fact that Lime Rock is usually a crowded race track and there aren't a lot of places to pass and you have a recipe for incidents. I've had my share of "Oh...sh*t..." moments trying to pass novices (and so-called "experienced" drivers as well), I'm sure others have as well.

The best thing here is for everyone to learn from it. The novice drivers have to be more aware of what's going on around them and not get "tunnel vision", but this can be difficult. We can all remember what it was like our first few SCCA races, right? It was hard enough to stay on the track w/o getting run over! For a lot of us, it was incomprehensible how fast some of those guys were. For the experienced drivers, it's just a reminder that they're out there with beginners just learning this game.

MC

------------------
    Mark Coffin
    #14 GP BSI Racing/Action Digital/Airborn Coatings/Krispy Kreme VW Scirocco

[This message has been edited by racer14itc (edited July 05, 2005).]

Jonathan aka Fan thanks for giving your name. I am sorry your exchange with Bill got out of hand. You are right your name is probably not important, but Bill's point, I think, that go lost is that if someone refuses to give a name they become suspect. blame the internet.

Jeff and Robbie, from the car number he posted that is not Anthony, who I know and would vouch for, it is his brother who I really do not know much.

dick patullo

[This message has been edited by dickita15 (edited July 05, 2005).]

[This message has been edited by dickita15 (edited July 05, 2005).]

Bill has some very valid points. I would be very pissed if someone were talking about me in a public forum. And not to put your name on your post is pretty sad when you are trashing him publicly. If you feel like you should get involved in the situation, you might want to try to contact him directly a few days after the race. Yes, it was a good idea for the driver to go talk to him after the incident and apologize. IF Anthony said that, he was probably reacting to the situation but was still a bit out of line. I will say that I have raced with Anthony in ITA for the previous two years (first two years racing W2W) and he was always very respectful out on the track. There were many times while lapping me he could have made a pass which could have completed but really would have screwed me up and possibly been a bit unsafe for me but he held off and waited the ¼ second to do it safely. Although doing that also makes good racing sense for him, I’ve always respected that.

Just to clarify, this is a general statement not directed towards your relative or friend. As others have mentioned, too many new drivers jump into racing without the proper level of experience. While club racing is intended for people new to the sport, I strongly believe that it is not the place for people new to track driving to be. More thoughts on this in the general discussion area…

------------------
    Dave Gran
    NER ITB #13
    '87 Honda Prelude si

On the topic of the Lime Rock Race Fan: Your view means nothing to me, but I will point out a few things for you since you don't race
    and you are a fan,qualifing is not racing and most drivers always leave a little room on the inside just in case a faster approaching car is there,at least thats how I was shown when I was a rookie,and still conduct myself that way, as for my younger brother, who you choose to talk SH"T about on a public forum he might have been at the
    wrong place at the wrong time,from my view and some others drivers view the Neon was at fault,thats why he was spoken to by officials
    ,now it his choice to accept an appology or what ever entailed, but you have no right to
    publicly bash him,especially since you were not there to hear the conversation that went on.Mr "fan" stop by my trailer anytime I'm at
    every Lime Rock for every SCCA race and test
    day, I usually drive the #99 silver/org Acura
    if you wish to have drawn out conversation about something you were not even involved in
    I'm sorry for the Neon guy if your first race
    at Lime Rock was not pleasant,these type of races bring undue pressure on everyone and alot of drivers get carried away on these hyped up weekends. NOW BACK TO BUSINESS, congrats to RAY on a well deserved win, and to Lorenzo, Rich, for putting on a good clean race, it was fun to watch from the corner worker station on the uphill.Lets put this thread back on the right track, this was a real good race for the IT guys and we should thank Dave and all involved for giving us a chance to put a good show on.See you guys at NHIS (in a borrowed ITA car!)

------------------
    Anthony Serra ITA 99

The only reason I am responding to this attack of my character is that there has seemed to be some confusion, I am Lorenzo Driver of #23 Honda CRX, Anthony is the driver of #99 Acura Integra. I was the one involved in the incident described and poorly interpreted by Jonathon Barnes. The incident was discussed with David Brooks very politely and no threats were made to or implied to him through out the extent of our conversation. He feels there are still problems between us he can contact me privately.

Overall it was a great race, Ray and Rich are first class drivers, which I enjoyed racing against a look forward to racing again. Great Job Ray.

------------------
    Lorenzo Serra
    ITA Honda CRX #23
    NER

Originally posted by Lime Rock Fan:
    To prove that you are a dimwitted little troll yourself, and that you are not capable of the intelligance required to understand the underlying point, and wish to instead focus on a person's name- let me clarify that my actual name is Jonathon Barnes.

Let me ask you a couple of questions:

1) What does a guy, who admitted that he made a mistake, and was going over to apologize to the affected person, stand to prove or gain by fabricating such a story?
    NOTHING. This is why I believe him- one of the two parties actually involved.

2) Why are you more interested in somebodies name (who doesn't race, and which has no bearing on the issue at hand), than one of your fellow racers threatening to take someone out in a violent manner on the track?

I would suggest that your priorities are a tad, off

Well Mr. Barnes, it would seem that your assessment of the situation, or your understanding of the account given by Mr. Brooks, may not be entirely accurate. You've had one of the parties involved post on here that now such threats/comments were made. At the very least, I think you owe Lorenzo an apology (not to mention the rest of the members of this forum).

------------------
    MARRS #25 ITB Rabbit GTI (sold) | MARRS #25 HProd Rabbit
    SCCA 279608

From my point, the orange Neon seemed to be diligent in his mirror use, as he was very courteous each time I came up to lap him. So, perhaps an honest mistake, or a lesson learned.

I wish I could say the same for some others. I was approached after the race by a few drivers who commented on needless blocking that they had seen performed on me, as well as themselves.

I was behind a black ITS Porsche that was slow in the corners (but too fast for me on the straights) and as some ITS cars came up, I moved overr to let them pass. They didn't enjoy the same luck with the Porsche as he moved inside to block their better line. In big bend it got hairy, and i ended up taking the inside pass option to avoid hitting the poor ITS car that I had just waved by! (Sorry Brian B, it was better than tagging you)

And I was forced over the curbing several times when attempting to over take a car I came up on, but was stuck behind for several laps, Even with repeated overlaps he slammed the door on me. Once I got by, the video of a following car shows the gap grows by seconds a lap.

I think most will agree that if you are being lapped, move over. And if a faster car approaches, there is little point in keeping him back. Move over at a convenient spot, and try following.

My car had brake issues this weekend, and it reminded me of the need to plan your laps with an eye on the mirror. It is easy to let guys by if you watch them and their closing rate. I certainly apologise to anyone I may have held up, it certainly wasn't intentional.

------------------
    Jake Gulick
    CarriageHouse Motorsports
    ITA 57 RX-7
    New England Region
    [email protected]

Thanks all for the congrats. I had a great time doing battle with Lorenzo S. and Richie H. Each of us passed each other a couple of times and never once had an issue. Most everyone was very courteous, even the lappers. It was a little difficult to get by sometimes but that was only because we would catch little groups of them and they were tied up in their own battles. I must apologise to Brian B. I believe you were in a blue RX-7. I was bumping you pretty hard going through the esses. The pressure was on and I was trying to force my way through. Maybe I should have "flipped you on your roof" , just kidding. Thanks to all for a great time and yes, this was a pro race because..... I got paid
    Ray F. Boombalatti

Originally posted by lateapex911:

I was behind a black ITS Porsche that was slow in the corners (but too fast for me on the straights) and as some ITS cars came up, I moved overr to let them pass. They didn't enjoy the same luck with the Porsche as he moved inside to block their better line. In big bend it got hairy, and i ended up taking the inside pass option to avoid hitting the poor ITS car that I had just waved by! (Sorry Brian B, it was better than tagging you)

And I was forced over the curbing several times when attempting to over take a car I came up on, but was stuck behind for several laps, Even with repeated overlaps he slammed the door on me. Once I got by, the video of a following car shows the gap grows by seconds a lap.

I think most will agree that if you are being lapped, move over. And if a faster car approaches, there is little point in keeping him back. Move over at a convenient spot, and try following.

I saw and had some encounters with the same black Porshe.
    He was in front of the 2nd and 3rd place ITA cars going into big bend and intetionally blocked the inside pass and parked it turning in. This caused the old accordian effect having Lorenzo and Rick run right up his butt. This gave me the opportunity to finally get by Brain B. after chasing for most of the race which put me in 10th overall. Next lap by he did the same thing again to rick who was still stuck behind him. This forced me wide as not to punt Rick which gave Roger D. the inside who snuck by me for 10th position. Next thing I new I was on Rogers bumper holding the inside of the left hander as roger went by the black porshe the porshe decided to make a hard left right into the right front fender of my car. To say the least I wasn't very happy because I had to just about stop not to take us both out and Roger ran away. Oh and I forgot to say this was on the last lap of the race. Oh well I guess shit happens.

And like Jake said if your getting lapped give those leaders a little room. When I saw the leaders coming in the mirror I planned where they were going to pass me as not to slow them down and myself at the same time. One day you might be the lapper and not the lapee and would appreciate the courtesy.

------------------
    Crazy Joe
    #01 ITA
    Nissan Sentra SE-R

Originally posted by moto62:
    Kevin (R2) if you're out there, if this thing thing goes down, you should come up and give it a whirl.
    Well, maybe if I wouldn't have just started reading this thread for the first time this morning, things would've been different. Oh well, maybe next time.

Congratulations to Ray on winning what I'm sure was a great ITA race! Whenever I read up on the NEDiv ITA racing, it makes me even more anxious to run with you guys again. Just watch out, mines faster than ever. Too bad most of you guys are too!

------------------
    Kevin
    Ruck Racing
    '92 ITA Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITC Honda Civic CX
    '85 ITC Honda Civic S
    '95 ITS Honda Prelude Si

I would like to congratulate all the front runners on what looked like a really fun race. I would also like to say that the level of "gentleman ship" amongst these guys is great. I am a rookie, this was my 5th race. My car consistently runs like crap and I have never once felt intimidated by Ray, Ritchie, Anthony , Lorenzo or any of the other (damn) Acura drivers. These guys have passed cleanly (often acknowledging the point by with a wave) and allowed me to run to my ability without incident.
    I also want to congratulate Mr. Daskam (we've never met so I don't know your first name) on keeping his composure while the #8 Acura tried repeatedly to drive you off the course. I have great in car on this! I ultimately ran myself off in Big Bend trying to get around this guy. I don't know who he was but I'll just say he could have been really fast if he didn't spend so much time worrying about blocking. Remember ... First drive the car. I learned my lesson- caused about 1K in damage...

I look forward to N.H. to race with these guys again.
    Mr. Fan remember there are many opinions on racing and these guys make it look easy. Believe me it is not. Attacking someone's character may not be the wisest approach....
    By the way I passed the Neon at least once and he too was gentlemanly. Sooooo.....

Rob Breault
    NER
    #36 ITA BMW Z3
    Black

Congratulation to Ray,Brian,Lorenzo,and Rich you guys did a grate job as always. to Rob B. in the Z3 It was fun racing with you for awhile I hope to do it again but end up infront of you next time. Thanks to Grant M. for helping me get my car set up right. Good luck to all the guys going to NHIS BE SAFE and HAVE FUN.

Lou Iannaccone
    ITA #79 RX7
    NER

Man - if I had known the ITA-Lite guys were going up there, I would have dragged my sorry arse up there too! Sounded like a great time. See y'all at the Pig Roast. Let's see if I still remember how to lap at NHIS.

Originally posted by Doc Bro:
    II also want to congratulate Mr. Daskam (we've never met so I don't know your first name) on keeping his composure while the #8 Acura tried repeatedly to drive you off the course. I have great in car on this! I ultimately ran myself off in Big Bend trying to get around this guy. I don't know who he was but I'll just say he could have been really fast if he didn't spend so much time worrying about blocking. Remember ... First drive the car. I learned my lesson- caused about 1K in damage...

I
    Rob Breault
    NER
    #36 ITA BMW Z3
    Black
    I am the #8 Acura (red/black/yellow) I would be interested to know which car you mean? I dont recall blocking anyone that was faster but I held my line as I should. I do recall our braking contest into 1 which I didnt think you were going to make. Sorry you had damamaged your car but if you were faster you could have made a clean pass somewhere. I always try to be courteous and a good racer so please let me know. I managed to remain composed after being hit on three seperate occasions in this race!

Andrew 240z if you are going to NH I'll be glad to bring the in car footage I have. I rode behind you for several laps. One of the "hits" appeared to be you moving toward Daskam from my viewpoint not the other way around. Suffice it to say I am certainly not trying to offend you but at times when you were in traffic your line was rather inconsistent, especially into big bend. Your more than welcome to see the footage I have if you feel that I am being harsh. That is not my intention at all I can assure you. But I was very nervous about passing you- which is why I tried to pass so quickly and went off. I applaud you for outsmarting me. I should have drove my line and my race and not worry about you but I didn't (sucks to be a rookie!! ) and it cost me. Your car appeared to handle real well from the tape-it looked like you could put it where ever you wanted and it would stick. I was Jealous!

Rob Breault
    NER
    #36 BMW Z3 ITA
    Black