Jarod-

We can chat on e-mail if you want but I am posting here cause I think others have the same questions/thoughts as you.

We can get the car caged just like our coupes for under $1,000 (Awsome safe, cage. I thought that I had sent you Chris Howards phone #. Did he change his price? or did you get local prices up in Maine?). We can also find you a racing seat for under $200. (thats now $1,000 further investment Vs the $2,000 you said in your post).

If I were you and you wanted to do this with the turbo (which is the feeling I have got from you) I would. Cage the car and build it as if it were an IT car, however keep the Turbo in it. Get your licence havefun and run in ITE for a few events next year (yeah you will get blown away, but you will still get to run on the track with "more friendly" drivers (unless Paul Newman is on track... watch out!!!). Another words you would be less likely to have an incedent damaging the car (your car is showroom nice isn't it?). Then if you want to have the intence wheel to wheel competition part added switch out the motor and go into IT. The cost for a IT motor in that car is about $300 - $500 after rebuild. You can easily get that for the turbo motor you take out. If you decide that you don't want the intence wheel to wheel competition part and you just like lapping the track with lots of HP nd speed then you can keep progressing with the turbo setup in ITE.

Maybe next year after you get your licence we will hook up on a test day and put you in one of our cars for a session!!!

Raymond
RST Performance Racing

PS: The other option you have is taking a shell that we are going to send to the scrapyard in about 5 days unless you want it.