The other thing I find interesting about this whole thing is that CMI is taking deposits from local organizations to hold weekend dates for races. In what I've read of the opposition from Tamworth residents they're not even aware of things like that. This recent bill that passed in the NH legislation, bill SB-458 allows CMI to circumvent town Racetrack Ordinances for sound levels and such. This passed because CMI is claiming itself as a "PRIVATE DRIVING INSTRUCTION AND EXHIBITION FACILITIES" and some of the definitions include "(d) Similar non-spectator activities which are recreational or educational in nature" and " II. A private driving instruction and exhibition facility shall not be considered a motor vehicle race track for the purposes of RSA 31:41-a or RSA 31:42 "

While I'm all for new tracks I'm just worried that this is going to later haunt CMI when SCCA, BMW club, and Porsche club are in town for "racing" and Tamworth residents find out. While this track would have to be built for this to happen it would be a shame if it was and then later shut down like what happened in Arizona.

It just seems they're might be problems that will come up later if this is ever built.

steve