Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Road Course in New England & no SCCA dates

Don't forget, SCCA has to approve the track before it will sanction an event. I have heard that it can from 2-6 months to get approval.

------------------
    Enjoy,
    Bill

The other issue is cost to rent the track. I remember seeing the track rental cost on there site and I swear it was at least twice what NHIS costs. Most likely it was more than that. LRP is expensive enough for me. If it costs $300 (just a number thrown out there) for an entry fee I won't be heading up there.

I do see that Tom mentioned a discount to clubs, hopefully the discount is substantial enough to keep entry fees near or below what LRP costs.

steve

[This message has been edited by stevel (edited July 24, 2004).]

This brings up an interesting situation.

CMS want to have SCCA certified and liscenced corner workers.

SCCA does the legwork and sinks resources into training them and so on.

Will CMS be paying for the workers when they flag for CMS events? (I would assume so, since the track is a profit making venture that they will have to pay their staff)

I assume CMS will have events as often as possible; they will certainly want as many events on the weekends as possible. Staffing two tracks at once will require a large pool of workers.

Will this result in putting the SCCA in the non enviable position of extending resources to train workers, then lose them to a more tempting (read paying) position at CMS?

Is there a potential that the SCCAs worker ranks could be diminihed? (or that these workers will choose to "work" at CMS instead of "volunteer" at conflicting SCCA events?)

Or will more new workers surface in an attempt to be trained for a paying position at the track.

Just thinking out loud here. I wonder what the net/net will be. I do however, see a conflict of interest looming for the Region.

------------------
    Jake Gulick
    CarriageHouse Motorsports
    ITA 57 RX-7
    New England Region
    [email protected]

[This message has been edited by lateapex911 (edited July 24, 2004).]

[This message has been edited by lateapex911 (edited July 25, 2004).]

It is always nice to see a new track being built somewhere!
    You must also take into consideration the SCCA scheduling problems that may come up if the track does not open. If you put up $500 and the track does not open, ok not too big a loss, refundable, whatever.
    If you put your one race for the year at that track and it does not open, you most likely will not have a race that year. Your old venue will not hold your date open for you, they are a business, they will rent to someone else. You will simply go a year without a race. We have found it very difficult to try and get a date changed or new date added after the division schedule is set.
    I would suggest you keep your traditional date and venue and try and schedule an extra event at the new proposed/under construction track. If it happens it would be a nice bonus. Good luck with the divisional scheduling folks.