Post-mortem from a competitor's perspective:

Well, we kinda sorta pulled it off. With a couple of notable exceptions (see following) all sessions happened.

However, the exceptions. First I felt a sense of dread as I watched an open-wheeler cream the downhill wall early in the day. I watched as our 30-minute float melted away as they extracted him and fixed the wall. Unfortunately, the 20-minutes-per race time constraints burned the ITA group, who only got in three flying laps before getting caught behind the pace car. That group finished 15 minutes later, still behind the pace car, so they got all of three race laps. Also, the ITS race was shortened (admittedly, self-assisted) because of carnage all over the track; seeing a lot of cars strewn about, being attended to by workers, the stewards chose to "Black Flag All" and checker at 5:55 PM.

Fortunately, while we had oversubscribed Group 8, no-shows and a couple of dropouts allowed everyone to play, AFAIK.

So, it came off, but not without a hitch. IMO, we got lucky to make the day with 5 minuts to spare. I was very unhappy watching the sacred cow Formula Vees toodling around the track with 17 total cars and the SM group with less than 15, while the majority of the rest of the world was cram-packed with up to 40 cars on the track with multiple classes. ITA got screwed, ITS/ITB screwed themselves, and everyone got, at most, 40 minutes of total track time on the day; most got less.

I revert back to my prior post for suggested regroupings. I realize that my suggestions were too late to merit consideration, but I ask that for future events the open-wheel contingent get dropped to two groups, and the rest of theclasses get moved around to minimize the total number of groups and maximize time for everyone.

And before you start screaming about "safety", take a look at the lap times from the ITS/ITB session. I'm a slow-ass ITS driver, and I was flying by some ITB cars much faster that an FC will go by an FV. Sorry, but we all have to compromise for the betterment of all.

Besides, would you be pulling out the "safety" trump card if it wasn't affecting your group...?

GA