A couple things.... This will be long!

Clarification on what was suppossed to be a wave off:
The starter wanted a wave off because tow trucks and ambulances where still on the track in turn 4 and in 9 repositioning themselves while the lead ITS cars came down the front straight. The starter was not looking at the field in aww. They where looking at the emergency vehicles still on the track. Control did say 1 lap to green and the signal for one lap was givin. The problem came about because normally start or control would signal green flag on the radios. They did not however they also did not say it was a wave off so because the pace car left the track and the previous time by control said 1 lap to green all corner stations assumed that it did go to green. The started decided it was unsafe for a green after the pace car left the front straight for the safety of the safety crews. Good decision, just some confusion with the comunication.

What I would have done:
From my position I would not have gone since no one else was and the field was "not racing". If I was a backmarker I would have gone, however a little more slowly. I was split by Raymond and Jason going into three. They where probably doing 80+ and I was doing 20 in third litteraly swerving warming up my tires. I happen to turn opposite directions when they flew by. I feel as though they and others probably wanted to take full advantage but at the same time made poor decisions to drive so aggresivly. Noone at the front had any idea they where charging up through. They and others took some risks to get to the front and I'm glad in the end it all worked out.

ITS looks like it will be the NER toughest competion class of the year... lots of very fast cars!

ITA Will be interesting as well. ANthony is blistering fast. I for one think that that car is hooked up and handles awsome... I was watching in 3 and one reason anthony is faster is because he is on the gas way sooner than anyone. He is on the gas and probably flat befoer the apex and the thing sticks and goes with little tire spin. You can see a little blue from the tires every few laps but WOW, that car cna handle. Hopefully Jeremy will rebuild and stay up with him. It will be interesting to see what happens at LRP since that track is more momentum than HP/tourque.

ITB Well our feild should be good since we have lot's of new drivers and several drivers that have had the same cars for a few years so they are finally getting fast! I think at least 10 cars have a chance at the championship. I hope that Jeff L, Jeff B, Alan, Paul, and Nat all get there cars fixed soon so I can try and stay up with them the rest of the season... Godd luck guys. 5 Super fast ITB cars DNF in the first race of the year! I hope that trend doesn't continue!

ITC This class only had 4 cars but probably hands down the best race. in the end it was 3 cars battling out and Brian M I'm sure learned a ton in his first IT race. They all where passing several times a lap and never ended up more than a few seconds apart. this is a class that with one mess up you will go from first to last very quickly! If anyone gets a chance watch them it was very enjoyable!

Stephen