Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: numerous issues

Darin,
    Thanks for the update. I was out of racing for a couple of years, and was very excited last May when I heard 'be patient, we're discussing changes. Stay tuned.' I think that it is GREAT that the ITAC is doing a thorough review, and using 20/20 hindsight to straighten out some of the mis-classifications.
    I think that some of the frustration may come from not knowing the schedule of the decision making - next week, next month, next year? When would these changes go into effect (should I buy and start building a new car, or wait until these changes take place before choosing?). If you could shed some light on the schedule of the changes - when the new rules and classifications will be publicly proposed, confirmed, and implemented, I think at least my mind would be eased. Thanks for the hard work.

------------------
    Dave Youngren
    NER ITA RX7 #61

I must say, this has been one of the more intersting threads going. Certainly not mean spirited but very healthy in in that some productive and enthusiastic discussion occured. I have cabin fever like you can't believe - tried to run my off road go-kart (practice race unit to keep the reflexes operating)and stuck the friggin thing in 2 feet of snow and had to pull it out with the 4X4.

I wish the ITAC would have a better set of guidelines that outline where a legitimate competetion change would be considered (maybe it does but I don't know where) and that would give folks a better idea of what will likely fly when asking for comp adjustments. I chuckle when folks think that IT is supposed to be the cheaper series - I started in ITS because that was where most of the cars seemed to be running and I wanted alot of competition. Turns out that the top ITS cars are dropping similar $$ as some of the regional production guys. I do wish we could do something to control costs and I'm a guy who can probably out spend most (no braggin here-but I'll keep buying speed as I build experience). Not sure how that can be done as everybody wants to win. I also agree with everybody on spec classes - we should be doing more with weight to keep close competition and prevent the war of the wallet from hurting IT entries and sending SCCA drivers to other events. SCCA kicks ass and is the best competion out there at the club level (my opinion). People with more technical race experience than I should come up with ways to keep more cars competitive, keep those drivers at SCCA events and do it in ways that keep cost down. More classes doesn't work for guys like me who want lots of competition and lots of cars in one class to compete with. OK - I'm going down to the Funplex to drive electric go karts. Really joansing....not any good stuff on Speed to watch either...more beer.

Cheers,

------------------
    BenSpeed
    #33 ITS RX7
    BigSpeed Racing
    NNJR

Sorry, I malfunctioned and posted twice - not sure how to delete. Must have been the beer...

[This message has been edited by benspeed (edited January 30, 2004).]

[This message has been edited by benspeed (edited January 30, 2004).]