Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ARRC Update

Raymond,
    I agree the slow car should yield to a much faster car, if possible, where possible, but he is also entitled to racing room. If you are the overtaking driver and the slower car does not signal you in anyway, you have to give him racing room and be able to avoid contact with him by being able to slow down or take another line, etc.
    From the way you described it, it sounds like it was poor judgement by the ITB driver.
    Anyway, I know Alan quite well, and I like to bust his chops on the rules.
    Congrats on ARRC race. I hope ITC runs with ITB (like the NARRC) more next year. I found it to be more fun than running with ITA.

Bob
    NER
    ITC #25 Datsun 510

[This message has been edited by rbt510 (edited November 13, 2003).]

From my seat,in the golfwho was tagged by itc 510,I believe the "on my fifth race"
    driver of the "c" Datsun got suprised by the black golf passing on the right,moved left into the right quarter of the white golf causing a turn around on the straight,along with a substantial dent in said quarterpanel.
    Conversation with the "c" driver afterwards led me to believe he was not fully aware as to what was happening around/in front of him.
    Yes, I was being agressive in the pass, but on lap 17 of 20 with 3rd,4th,5th and 6th all in about 3 carlengths,it was not a sunday drive.
    Unfortunately it took out 2 cars who had done the previous 16 laps with multiple passes and nary a tap.
    I put it down to a little traffic unfamiliarity on one part and some agressive traffic risk taking on Mine.
    The car is probabally had its last ARRC,but we are not giving up yet.
    Myself,I would sooner not run with slower less experienced drivers at a "national"
    event.
    That was my second contact with an ITC car in this one race, as an errant Fiat spyder
    in turn 12 went from curbing on one side to the other,with out paying any attention to the blue madly waving flag at start, or his mirrors.
    I contacted him while I had 2 wheels on the grass and two on the inside curb.
    His comment after was "it was his normal line and I should have known he needed all the track"
    I guess we all had to learn to"PlaySafe"
    I just figured,incorrectly,the level of expierience at this event would be a bit higher.
    Derek