Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Road Course track in NH

Dan it looks like saturday is your big day! I hope all goes well and keep us updated on how things turn out!

http://www.thewmurchannel.com/news/2529931/detail.html

Stephen

An ignorant question....If Dans firm bought the land with the intent of creating the track, and the regs at the time allowed it, how is it fair to change the regs now?

------------------
    Jake Gulick
    CarriageHouse Motorsports
    ITA 57 RX-7
    New England Region
    [email protected]

Originally posted by lateapex911:

An ignorant question....If Dans firm bought the land with the intent of creating the track, and the regs at the time allowed it, how is it fair to change the regs now?

Just becasue they bought it doesn't mean they can build it. they could have gotten approval first. I can see why they might be pissed since the land wasn't zoned before hand but unfourtunaly that's politics and unfourtunatly an Emergency zoning law is something we as americans have. The ability to vote on what affects us. I do like how Dan listed proms as functions that will be held at his facility. I hope he "plays up" the things he will give back to the town. He will need all the help he cna get!

good Luck Dan.

Stephen

Originally posted by RSTPerformance:

Just becasue they bought it doesn't mean they can build it. they could have gotten approval first. ...Emergency zoning law is something we as americans have. The ability to vote on what affects us.
    Stephen
    actually retroative zoning is considered a violation of something else we americans have, property rights. Unfortunatley some courts have been chipping away at personal rights in exchange for the peercieved rights of society.
    dick

Seems to me like the time Peske took advantage of the "stock block" rule at Indy, got Mercedes to fund the effort, and hired a firm to build a "stock block" Mercedes for that one race. He knew he had the 'unfair advantage' and that the rules allowed it. He was the only guy to see the possibility and pull of the business aspects.

Now, if he shows up, runs fast, and wins the pole, and the snactioning body decides to change the rules to disallow stock block engines, would that be fair?! I think not. Even though he was doing a 'diservice' to the rest of the field?

Kind of like moving in next to the local AA baseball field in the winter, then sueing the town in the summer over the noise and light!

To the town, I say, the horse is out of the barn. The thing to do is create compromises that are livable and fair to all parties. Sound restrictions, etc. (Which they have done. The agreed on sound restriction is set at the property line at a limit lower than the ambient traffic noise of the road the facility is located on!! I can't see how the residents can complain about THAT!)

But this changing the ruling stuff because the town lacked the forsight to set up regulations they could live with is, legal or not, ridiculous.

------------------
    Jake Gulick
    CarriageHouse Motorsports
    ITA 57 RX-7
    New England Region
    [email protected]