As a fellow TR8 racer in the midwest, you have to love torque. It helps makes up for its handling and braking. Give me v8 torque anyday, blast to race.

I also wouldn't be so quick to take the coupe over the convert. Having both, I find I like the convert a little more. Some of the reasons are; it is 50lbs lighter, which is not much, but think of where the weight is, all above your shoulders. Also the car was originaly designed to be a convert, not a coupe. Triumph built the car with side and frame stiffeners that the coupe do not have. Also, a point that I like is that there is far more visability than the coupe offers. If you have ever been in a coupe with a cage, it has poor side and rear visability. However, it does come down to what is available, the coupe we have have been a racecar for 25 years from the showroom. I don't think you wouold find a true TR8 coupe anymore that would be good for racing. If it is in good shape, they could be worth something.

It was good to hear those numbers Jeff. Also try over seas to get pistons, should be cheaper