Originally posted by cherokee:
Car X responds well to ECU mods Car Y does not. And until you get someone out there running one you will not know. The BMW needs to be slowed down, the CRX needs to be slowed down, do that and everyone will be happy....
Open computer cars are new to IT, you are going to need new rules to regulate them.
Item 1: The CRX is only a visible tip of the iceberg. The Acura and the 240 are also issues, albeit in smaller numbers. But I know of numbers of them that are under construction as I type, and will be driven by fast drivers. There is no question that in A, the big dogs are the 240SX, the CRX, the Integra, and to lesser degrees, the Saturn and the Miata. Then there are all the others.

The Integra in question that set the fast race lap at the ARRCs was, I believe, a conservative engine. Hopefully the owner might pop up here an shed some light, but I bet there's a bit more to be had. But not 160!

Item 2: Good point. The ECU rule was a huge dive into a Pandoras box, and really a defacto competition adjustment for cars that were already classed. And as you point out, a crapshoot for cars thet get classified post ECU rule. The solution lies in more post classification flexibility, in the form of PCAs, or in extreme cases, class migration with appropriate changes.

------------------
Jake Gulick
CarriageHouse Motorsports
ITA 57 RX-7
New England Region
[email protected]