If you guys are tired of all the rubbin' is racin' come out and join the open wheel crowd. Given the consequences they appear to be infinetly more respectful of 'racing room' and will actually find ways to make passes/prevent passes without resorting to NASCRAP tactics moving you out of the way.

I have a problem with a hardfast rule defining where someone's car has to be. There has to be subjectivity. If one has the right to choose any line whatsoever until we are up to their door, we are giving them the option of pinching down or drifting up into the area we occupy and we as the passee are expected to take evassive action to avoid contact. That could make it extremely difficult to ever make a pass when cars are of very similar cornering speeds. Yet if you make the rule so that any overlap gives both parties an equal responsibility; what about the banzai move that gets the bug on the front bumper just up to my rear bumper?

I feel that I only have the right to whatever piece of real estate on the track that I want when I can put my car there without initiating contact or cause you to brake/check up/drop wheels to avoid contact.

All I need to do is leave enough room for your car minus a sheet of paper on the desired side and you'll have to work your way around the hard side. Rest assured I won't make it easy, but advancing/defending by contact takes very little skill. I have zero respect for those who race that way.