1) Yes. Only allow replacement of the stock ECU chip with a remapped one. I do think there should be some sort of grandfathering for people that have already invested in the whole Motec thing. Maybe give them 2 years or some time period to get rid of it. The current rule seems to be a large source of increasing cost and I think everyone wants IT to keep costs down. I'll be interested to see if SCCA has the attachments to fix a mistake.

2) I would say no because this increases cost and moves the car away from its stock configuration. Most of our cars (except for the mid engine guys) are nose heavy. That's just the way it is.

3) Yes to all. These are race cars. Crap like that has no business on a race car. I think anything that serves no useful purpose should be allowed to be removed. It makes the car simpler and easier to work on. That doesn't mean you have to remove it and, as mentioned, people may elect to keep things like heater cores in the north. I don't think everyone else should be limited to what they can remove, though. The notion that IT *race cars* should maintain their streetability doesn't make sense. If you drive your race car to the track, cool. I think it's good that you can race. I don't think everyone else should be limited by this notion.

4) Not sure. People seem to have differing opinions on what the current rule allows. I think somebody should be allowed to do whatever they need to do to the wiring harness to keep it in good shape. That includes repairing pieces of the existing harness however they see fit or replacing the harness with a custom built one. If the current rule allows this, then keep it. If not, make a new one.

5) I like the suggestion to get rid of head lights. This kind of falls under #3. I think you should have to replace the headlight with a piece of sheet metal or something else to fill the hole so that it can't be used for cooling or other purposes.