Originally posted by Gregg:
Geezus...from reading the posts over at SpecMiata.com you'd think they added the New Beetle or something.
Just remember that Spec Miata IS THE SALVATION OF SCCA (at least according to the Spec Miata class reps locally) and by such offensive classification, the horde of Wreck Me Otters to go play with NASA to "punish" SCCA for their actions (which wouldn't hurt my feelings too much considering the SM attitude towards all other race classes other than themselves).

Given the weight and restrictions, the later model Miatas sound as if they'll be competitive but not necessarily immediate class winners. However nothing is written in stone and it's unlikely that SCCA is attempting to alienate the existing SM class but rather is attempting to include the newer cars which is very unlike the SCCA of old.

I'm not sure that I'm looking forward to an influx of ITA Miatas - not that I don't welcome the added participation but that it'll just make my car all the slower I haven't had a chance to test Miata brake pads yet - hopefully they're as good as (if not better than) RX7 brake pads