I grant that a real clarity has been achieved here by defining the "Big Four" attributes of IT-ness. I confess that it actually gives me some comfort and provides perspective on the scale of the other issues that we kick around. This is helpful.

Giving full points there, I won't resort to armageddon hyperbole but riddle me this: If for the 2006 season, the IT and LProd rules were identical, except where they touched on those for areas - bodywork, suspension geometry, engine, and gearbox - do you really believe that there wouldn't be requests to the CRB for allowances in those areas for 2007?

It doesn't take 90% of the people in a category to want something, for it to get changed. It only takes one person asking the right question, of the right board members, at the right time.

A friend of mine used to say, "Once you're #@%$ed, you can't get un-#@%$ed." The $6000 gearset is a unplanned pregnancy resulting from a request of just this type which, if I understand correctly, is a relatively new addition to the Production rules. If the membership had been asked if it wanted the right to spend three months of the average worker's salary on gears, would 90% of them said, "Yeah, why not?"

K