Originally posted by JeffYoung:
The core IT sacred cows that differentiate it from Production have not been subject to rules creep (wild cams/engines, non-stock gearboxes and stock body panels)...
As far as it goes, that much is true. The gearbox, engine mechanicals, and bodywork of IT cars have been consistent.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Around those "core values," rules creep has made IT cars, slowly over time, become more and more like pure race cars.</font>
Also true but to be fair, rules creep (which I think of as incremental changes to the written regulations) hasn't been to blame for most of the difference we see. Lower costs for higher technology parts, more availability in the marketplace, evolving expectations of prep levels, and increasingly liberal interpretations of rules all play a part.

The enduro was pretty entertaining. I'm a little sore today but it was surprisingly not a huge problem to go 3.5 hours with one 4 minute stop. I had a drink bottle (a good thing - when it's cold in VA, it's dry) and the Golf is easy to drive with power steering and a good seating position.

It sounds minor but I had a "little" problem with my belt adjustment from the roll off so I was wrestling to get things worked out the first few times I got to the front straight. After that, it was smooth sailing...

...with the exception of more than a few REALLY awful drivers in high-horsepower cars. There was also a Porsche GT3 entered that turned - no shit - a 2:00 lap during the race. Got to see him a few times.

K