From Catch22

The ITAC is currently using power to weight as a big part of classing cars. Thats a great idea, but why not add more ways to get down to that weight (without skimping on cage, which unfortunately some people do).
Lexan... Sure. Make it legal in IT. If the minimum weights stay the same what damned difference does it make??? The people that need help getting down to minimum weight

have another tool to get there, the people who are already there, like me, skip it because we don't need it.

And if it can be argued that a couple of extra cage points or tubes running to the shock towers REALLY IS actually safer, then we should be allowed to do it. Period.
Who is going to argue against that?

Catch,

Not me. I am living this scenario right now. I just completed a refit of my cage and have purposely left out tubes that I know can make a difference in safety and stiffness. Why? Because of the extra weight.

IT cars are RACECARS and requiring pass. door glass, washer bottles, headlights, wiring for crusie control, etc makes NO SENSE. We are not building dual purpose steet/Racecars and most are also not converting old SS cars to IT either.

If the fact that IT 'could' become a Production Lite if we are allowed to remove unnecceassary brick-a-brake from our cars....then so what? If you can't tell the difference between an E Prod racer and it an equvilant IT Racer then you don't know much about cars. I share shop space with a really good E Prod RX7 and the reason why his car cost 3 times what mine does (and my IT car ain't no slouch) has NOTHING to do with alternate battery location, missing door glass or MIA washer bottles.

IT cars are spec'd by weight. The IT rules now allow balasting. What difference does it make how I make weight it the important aspects of an IT car are maintained? You know, stock engine, stock running gear, Stock suspension components, Spec wheel sizes, limited cage constuction, stock bodies, stock brakes....etc etc etc.

------------------
Scott Peterson
KC Region
IT7 #17