<sigh>

As so well pointed out above, some flexibility in IT is the ONLY hope for 25 year old Fiestas remaining competitive with newer Hondas and such in ITC.
And if you don't classify newer Hondas and such in ITC, within 10 years there WILL BE NO ITC!!! Who is going to race in this class when all of you Fiesta and 510 drivers are dead or in wheelchairs??? It sounds brutal, but its a question that needs an answer. The generations that are coming behind you don't even know what a Fiesta is.

Change does not automatically mean a disaster.
Flexibility does not automatically mean rules creep.
But I will say that I DO now understand how IT became such a mad disaster over the last few years. Man. Its almost hard to believe. What do some of you guys do for a living and has it not changed in the last 20 years??? How do your companies survive?

Nobody is asking for 14/1 compression motors, unlimited attachment cages, carbon fiber body panels, and free cams, so calm down a little.
As a matter of fact, I'd LOVE it if motors were required stock compression and stock heads. No port matching, no valve jobs, no 1/2 point compression bumps. Stock final drives... Hell YEAH!!!
But those rules are there and allowed and its wayyyy too late to change that stuff.

What gets me is this...
Whats more reasonable for a class thats supposed to be relatively budget minded and easy to get involved with... Ripping out the wiper/washer bottle or allowing $1500 custom cut final drives???
Amazingly, we can spend a months house payment on a final drive, but we can't kick the wiper/washer bottle to the curb to make it easier to run brake ducts (cost... zero).

Change, if properly managed, is good.
Flexibility, managed, is even better.
Really.
It is.
Honest.

------------------
#22 ITC Honda Civic
3rd Place 2004 ARRC
1st Place 2004 ARRC Enduro