I think that new cars should be classed but if you think that it is going to get the bling bling 20 something in to racing I think you are mistaken, and running after the wrong thing. I would bet that 90% of the people under the age of 30 in SCCA have a family member involved in SCCA in one form or another. My 8yr old thinks that GT6's are the coolest car in the world, and he has only been around for a couple of months has not even been to a race yet.

I do not think that the for the most part the desire to shell out a minimum of 3k for a car 1k for safety stuff 2k for a season that exists of getting to run your car maybe 12 times for a grand total of about 12 hours is something most young adults are going to do, other things to spend their money on road racing is expensive at the entry level. Why do you think so many kids drag race, get a DOT helmet for 29.99 and go.

I think we need to spend less time trying to get the 20yr olds and pay closer attn to why we are loosing our market share to people like NASA and mark specific classes, what are they doing that makes people want to run there? You can't be all things to all people but the fact that there are classes like H#,American Iron ect proves that there is something wrong.