Well, David, its simple really. I draw the lina at the simple stuff. The things that have no function in a race car but we are required to keep.
The things I mentioned above.

Its understandable in Showroom Stock, because as the name implies, the cars are s supposed to be showroom stock. So they SHOULD have all the stuff on them that they had when they rolled out of the factory doors. They should even keep things like the Air Conditioning and stereo if it was standard equipment on the car.
Anything that isn't a safety issue (like air bags) should stay. Otherwise it should be called "Kind of Stock."

But in IT... No reason to keep some of these items on the car.
Washer bottle... Why?
Heater Core... Why? (unless you just WANT it because you live in Oregon)
Pass Side Door Glass... Why?
Rear Wiper... Why?

Thats where I draw my line David. Its easy, folks like you that try to suggest that every little rules change will turn IT into a "Production Lite" disaster just need to take a deep breath and get over it.

If changes are mismanaged, yes, disaster can ensue.
But just because mistakes have been made in the past, you can't fight every attempt at improving the rules because "We tried that in 1974 and it was a complete failure."

Keep that attitude and our beloved IT classes, already known to many of the younger generation as "ITJ" (Improved Touring Jalopy), will die when we die. That would kind of suck wouldn't it.

I can see it now. The "backwards bizzaro world" version of David D. in the year 2030...
"I remember back in 2005 when they wouldn't update the rules of IT to reflect new technology and trends. That was when everything really started to fail and NASA took over in 2015. It was worse than the Production fiascos of the 70s" .