Originally posted by Bill Miller:
If you want to run a 1" deep spoiler, won't you also have to run 1" higher ride height?
Nope. The bottom edge of the spoiler is controlled by the rule that states (I paraphrase) that nothing shall be lower than the lowest part of the wheel rims.

If someone goes from 205/60-13 tires to 205/50-15 tires, their tire diameter does not change but the lowest part of the wheel is now 1" lower than before. By the rules, that person can now extend their spoiler 1" lower than before without changing ride height...(that effect is 1/2" if going from 205/55-14 to 205/50-15.) It's solely because of this that we are seriously considering selling a perfectly good set of 14" Borbet wheels in order to buy 15 inchers, which will increase our costs both in wheels and in tires...

Like I said, guys: unintended consequences. The original intention may have been to reduce costs, but (in my case) a result is that it will increase costs... - GA

(P.S. - I like and agree with the rule, please don't allow me to mis-imply, but I do think you should just let it ride as-is and congrat yourself for a job well done. - GA)

[This message has been edited by GregAmy (edited January 28, 2005).]