Originally posted by rlearp:

I am curious though. Having a restrictor plate hardly makes you non-competetive for club racings or making you choose between on or the other. A restrictor is easy to remove, so, since no other changes were made for your car in IT trim just pull it off and go club racing. As I recall on my own E36 tbody swaps were about a 5 minute activity and the restrictor should be just as easy. Put it back on and go IT racing. Why would prepping the car for IT trim make it not suitable for club racing?

why? because of the the intricacies of bmw club rules. you can run either to the letter of scca its rule or the letter of the bmw prepared rules. either or, can't mix. if you prep your car to its rules, you have to leave the restrictor in, and may have things like brake valves and spherical bearings in your suspension. in bmw prep rules, you can't have those things, but can run hot cams and big brakes.
simply pulling the restrictor plate is not an option. end result...no more ability to have decent racing in both groups with same car. gotta choose.