Originally posted by Mark LaBarre:
Isn't this the whole point?. If some one wants to race, race what's allowed.
Period.
As mentioned at the beginning of the thread - what is allowed doens't seem to follow much rhyme or reason in many cases. Allowed seems to be at the whim of a board and if someone on the board doesn't like a car etc. it is not allowed.

A 300z should certainly be allowed to race. Sure, it has 220hp stock but it is quite heavy. Is it not allowed because someone who already has class leading cars fears losing that lofty position? They are cheap and plentiful and in my opinion perfect IT fodder. Hell, for that matter early Porsche 928s have even less hp, weigh a bunch, and are even cheaper! Lets class one!

But, in a few years there are going to be a bunch of fantastic performance cars that are perfect IT fodder as well. I'm assuming they will not be allowed, why not? Create new classes, allow IT to grow within the SCCA. Or, is one of the reasons why that isn't done is so that people are forced to race in the higher level, national, and more expensive categories?

Come to think of it, isn't IT the biggest section of the SCCA? If so, how come it isn't given coverage in that SCCA magazine that comes in my mailbox from time to time? Seems that if a lot of people race IT, which it does since I see more IT races put on at local tracks than any other SCCA type, then why can't one find results from the races easily?

Just trying to learn and understand.

RANT OFF.

------------------
Ron
http://www.gt40s.com
Lotus Turbo Esprit
Ford Lightning
RF GT40 Replica
Jensen-Healey: IT prep progressing!

[This message has been edited by rlearp (edited November 07, 2004).]

[This message has been edited by rlearp (edited November 07, 2004).]