So, does this mean that IT is "stuck in time" and we'll never have a car faster than a E36 325?

I know some of the other cars have homes elsewhere, which is why I mentioned it upfront. But, that does not mean that they could not race in IT.

A 82 5.0L Mustang with the 2bbl had 157hp, a good bit less than the 325 with only a little more torque at around 225 ft/lbs. But it weighs a little more and has a much cruder suspension. Top speed about the same as the 325, I think it is actually less.

No matter - the point is the car is cheap and while it has a home in American Sedan that is a very wide open class where this car would become expensive to prep. In IT this car would be cheap to prep - shocks, springs, headers, exhaust - would cost next to nothing be reliable, fast, and fun. I'm not wanting one, just using it as an example. And it is old!

Soon the old cars will be WRXs, 3 gen RX7s and 300s, etc. - are these never to be allowed in IT due to turbochargers and all-wheel drive? Or is IT to become a class that is for "certain older cars" that are preferred by the boards?

Ron

------------------
Ron
http://www.gt40s.com
Lotus Turbo Esprit
Ford Lightning
RF GT40 Replica
Jensen-Healey: IT prep progressing!

[This message has been edited by rlearp (edited November 02, 2004).]