Originally posted by spnkzss:
Well let me throw this at you. If you have a window net on the passenger side will this cause a larger problem with workers attempting to help in an incident? I would assume you woul have to put your kill switch on the outside of the car (if it's not already there) so it does not impede a working from shutting your car down immediately?
Dave - I hope you get a letter back from Topeka that says "go ahead and use a passenger-side net, if you want."

The above response - kill switches are not required to be in the passenger side window, if in the passenger compartment. You can put it on the driver's side (my preference), which has the same theoretical 'window net' problem.

SCCA is actively encouraging interior right-side head/shoulder nets, for passenger containment. Proven safety, due to new data. The rules don't say we can use them so we CAN'T ? Same net, different place.

Dave's request follows the intent of the rules. The net is there to keep us in the car, and crap out of the car. THAT'S THE WHOLE POINT, ISN'T IT ?

Look...you can try to deconstruct the rules until the only thing allowed is an apple crate with a 7pt. FIA harness. Give it a rest, and understand the INTENT of the rules, rather than a superficial, literal reading of people who aren't really paying too much attention.

John Walsh