Originally posted by lateapex911:
The 944 is in ITS, and frankly it is an uphill battle for the car. At the spec weight, many think the 944S has a much better chance in the same class.
I just don't know where you guys get this stuff about the 944, but aside from my personal experience running with them, Chris C. has told me that he never had a problem winning an ITS race with a 944...

Last weekend I ran against two of them, along with a well-prepped 240SX, and the 944s had NO PROBLEM keeping pace with the 240Z, winning one race, and nearly winning the second, before breaking a transmission...

The key doesn't appear to be power, because I was able to drag race with all of these cars in the straights, the edge going to the 240Z... However, in the twisty bits, and under braking, the 944 has a definate advantage...

Those of you having trouble getting your to perform may want to spend more time getting the handling right, because that appears to be where the gains make the most difference... They have to be driven well, but they definately don't appear to be the underdog that everyone seems to want them to be...

------------------
Darin E. Jordan
SCCA #273080, OR/NW Regions
Renton, WA
ITS '97 240SX