Most of my opinions have already been stated above. At my stage of the game (second year racing), protesting cheaters is the last thing on my mind. I focus all my efforts on my driving and getting better at racing.

And since there a $10 piece of wood at stake, why spend money and time on calling someone out. Do I really care if a competitors windshield washer bottle is missing, do I care if someones dash is mutilated to fit aftermarket gauges? Not really.

I suppose at the front of the grid there is more reason to route out cheaters.

Another thing I am a big fan of is the above mentioned open hood policy. I have nothing to hide so come on over. Maybe someone could suggest something to make my car better for all I know.

In the past I have seen and heard cases of ITS RX-7s built by Speedsource that are always under wraps, and no one is allowed to look at them. The excuse is that the setup is proprietery information or what ever.

I am not saying that those people are cheating, but it does promote suspicion from fellow competitors. The whole protest process seems like a pain in the ass. Also in some cases mentioned above, getting the car in compliance would be a major expense in some cases. So then those people won't be able to race which reduces entrys and the fields start looking like GT grids at regional races.

If we could all be one happy family and build each others trust and confidence in one another, the the protest process would not even be needed.

Pauly D