Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: attaching brake ducts- just want to make sure

Just to add another point to the discussion -

Despite a lot of claims that it exists, I don't think there is anything in the GCR limiting you to using 3" brake ducts, as long as you don't cut holes in the front valance to mount them. The rule on brake ducts contains no limits on the size. The rule on body stucture covers cutting holes in the valance, and if you do, you can only run 3" ducts through them. However, if you can run a 4" or larger duct without cutting holes in the valance, there's nothing to stop you. Or you could run a set of legal 3" ducts through the valance and a second set of 3" (or larger) elsewhere.

I know that on a lot a cars, cutting holes in the valance is almost mandatory to fit a duct at all. However, those of us who aren't so restricted can fit whatever size ducts we can make work.

Tom Lyttle

I'm in a beach rental in Florida for a month - hah, hah - so I don't have my GCR with me but I seem to remember that the reference to a 3" hose comes in a different section than discussions about the airdam and valance. Subject to flaws in memory performance due to Uv light and margarita exposure.

K

K-

Maybe you're right about the margaritas. I've looked all over and can't find anything about 3" brake duct limits, except in the body structure section. Section 6 has the allowance for mounting brake ducts. That paragraph has no restictions except that they have to be forward facing and can't result in modifications to the body structure to mount them. The newly-added paragraphs under body structure allow holes in the valance to mount 3" ducts. If there is something else that mentions 3" ducts, let me know (when you get home, of course).

Tom Lyttle