Unfortunately, I don't really have a dog in the hunt anymore since I sold the family Fiat, but I'll chime is with a few opinions.

W.R.T. moving the RX-7/IT-7 to ITB.

Having run against these cars a few times (before they put the SM clowns in our group) I can say that a well prepped IT-7 car is not a bad match for B. A really well prepped 7 with a good driver is a bit of an overdog. IMHO, if you dropped the 7 back to 6" rims (as would be required in and added say, 150 lbs, you'd have a car whose spread of prep/driver levels would finish all over tha map.

Want to drop back the power and not add weight to the car?? I might be convinced that the 7 could be slowed down by requiring the stock exhaust manifold rather than a header. Hey, it even cuts costs too!!

RST's point is well made a few pages back when he commented about the proper Stochiometric mix in B. Looking at the ARRC and Enduro run boards show
Volvo, Omni, Golf, BMW, Fiat, Rabbit GTI, Audi Coupe. All of these either finished ran, or qualified in the top 5.

Also, the mix of cars have distinct advantages. The Volvo is hard to touch at VIR, but the golf and rabbits are pretty good at a place like Kershaw. I'd think the Omni would be too as it is equally as torquey. Take these cars to a track like Roebling and I think the Fiat and BMW are looking pretty good. (don't know about the BMW as I've not owned one). The Fiat had excellent balance and wear properties. Roebling is known to kill tires and that would have made it a good late race ride.

Save maybe the BMW, all these can be built for less than 10K fresh, not too bad in my book.

So add them in, but don't kill one of the most diverse classes in SCCA.