[quote]Originally posted by ddewhurst:
How about we look to the Pro Spec Miata results from the East coast, from the West coast & from the bell ringer final in central USA at Topeka ? The top guns are the top guns no matter where they go.
Why would it be any different with any other IT race class ?

David
[quote]

This is your original post.

The issue is that people are saying the ARRC isn't the best of the best because the best don't neccessarily go to the ARRC. People don't travel outside their Regions to find stiffer competition.

Let's let it drop, the more I think about it, the more I don't understand your point at all.

AB

***Posted by Kirk***

***Sorry - I'm with AB on this one. If in fact there is no pressure coming from (a) a substantial group, ( a very vocal but less-than-substantial group, or © individuals with clout, then by my definitions anyway, this doesn't rise to the level of politic-ing.***

Kirk, what the hell do you call FOUR divisions that have an IT7 class. If that ain't (a)a substantial group, ( a very vocal but less-than-substantial group, or © individuals with clout, what are the IT7 groups in four DIVISIONS called by your selective definition ?

My defination would be that the IT7 groups beat the politics. There are way to many people saying you can't or your going to do this because I said so.

Have Fun
David

The difference is that , although the group exists, they have in no way used their size and/or perceived clout to infuence the ITAC or CRB toward a change in IT. Frankly, they have done just the opposite and created their own class in some (not all) Regions. Every Region will give you a class if you can come up with the numbers - doesn't matter what kind of car it is as long as its safe - and the numbers are SMALL to qualify.

There has been no political manuvering by any group of ITA RX-7's to date. This is an exploration done proactively by the ITAC.

AB

------------------
Andy Bettencourt
06 ITS RX-7
FlatOut Motorsports
New England Region
www.flatout-motorsports.com

[This message has been edited by ITSRX7 (edited April 09, 2004).]