I'm getting in to this a little late, but I have to say something because it hits close to home.

I was in the race in my 944 at Texas Motor Speedway that George is reffering to. I came in 5th in ITS. There were 9 or 10 ITS cars. The only ITA car that finished ahead of me was Bob Stretch, however, the car I raced with during the whole race was the 2nd place ITA CRX. All of the ITS cars in front of me were Nissan 300Zs, or Datsun 240s. The ITS cars behind me were a Honda, an Alfa, George's Nissan Sentra and a few others. The ITS winner was about 2 seconds per lap faster, so was the Bob in his ITA car.

I could keep up with, or even gain on the lead ITS car in the turns and braking, but he would drive away from me on the straights.

I've been racing my 944 for 6 years and have done a lot of work to make the car better. However, I always run in to the same thing wherever I go. The lead ITS car is usually 2 to 3 seconds per lap faster. I have raced at TMS, TWS, Memphis, Grattan, Mid-Ohio and Hallett. It has always been the same result, a Datsun, BMW, or 2nd generation RX7 wins ITS. Some days I get lucky and only one of the 3 will show up, so I get a shot at a top 3.

I don't necesarilly agree with George that the 944 should go to ITA. I think it is a mid pack ITS car and there are others that are even a lot worse off. I do believe there are a whole bunch of ITS cars that should be adjusted to have a competitive chance. Hopefully PCAs will do something for us.

S Graves
1984 ITS 944