Ok just reading the different posts, and different points of view
Russ its like you didn’t read what I wrote at all, and went off on your own tangent.....
I never said I was going to break any rules in fact I stated that I was going to put in a turn signal switch. I’m a big believer in adhering to the rules even if they don't make a whole lot of sense. I thought about production but the close ratio gear box, engine development, fender flares etc. just don’t make sense right now just to be able to remove 35 lbs of stuff from my legal IT car. If you think you can remove the items I suggested and be competitive in your class in production ; then I don't think you have a problem in IT then right

I have a question though. So far all the against reasons for the questions have been ... rules creep, lack of street ability, should have read the statement before year 2000 etc...... Could not all of those arguments be said for any mod allowed over the SS rules? I don’t hear anybody whining to put back in interior and headliners? The rain issue is pretty much nil to because you have to race with the windows down any way. I have done an open track in the rain and had to roll down my windows and got drenched. So if your interior is not rain proof you might as well not go racing or towing if there is a cloud in the sky, right?

I will probably move up from ITC sometime in the future and some of the coolest cars out there are not “the” cars to have. Early MR2’s -Fox bodied Mustang's - Early Celica's, -Neon ..... I'm sure there are others. I’m not sure if this will would help those cars but there are lots of cars that cant get to the GCR weight. Maybe the heater core, horn and passenger side glass won’t get there totally but it would take 30 minutes or less and wouldn’t cost a whole lot to try. In my limited observation it just seems that IT_ is spec _____ (insert five or less cars here) and maybe this could help out a few people without turning the GRC on its ear and costing more than a Big mac . . . I personally don't think that it will affect the intent and purpose of the class one bit. I thought letting cars get to the weight already published in the GCR would be common sense, before doing the adjustment reclassification hoopla
I’m not trying to cause an uproar at all I started this post to help in my understanding.

[This message has been edited by Don (edited November 29, 2003).]