Ok Jake, please show me where it says they will consider data prior to the rule implementation. Do you honestly think they'll implement this on 1/1/05 and wack cars like the E36 325 w/ weight at the same time? I don't (although, here's a case where I hope I'm wrong). Based on the way things have been done in the past, I would say it's more likely that they'd look at data for the '05 season, at the end of the season, for existing cars, before taking any kind of action with them.

Also, I stated that that's the way I read it. That was giving my opinion on it, not stating that, for a fact, nothing would be done for at least 2 years. Just like your opinion on seeing changes in < 15 months. Do you have a crystal ball?

Darin has gotten into the habit of using the wrong choice of words (see his comments about emperical data). He doesn't like my opinion, so he brands it as 'mis-information'.

In my opinion, this whole PCA thing is a load of crap. The drafters spent all kinds of time crafting rhetoric to avoid saying 'Competition Adjustments'. Also, notice that it's "the Club" that decides if there are inequties. They don't talk about any mechanism for dealing w/ member requests for change. And, if they're going to all this trouble, why is the 'no guarantee' language /edit/ not being addressed? It's my belief so that they can maintain an 'out' so as not to have to deal w/ member requests for adjustments.

Given a choice between the way things are today and this new PCA rubbish, I'll stick w/ what we have today. At least it's somewhat of a known quantity.

------------------
MARRS #25 ITB Rabbit GTI (sold) | MARRS #25 HProd Rabbit
SCCA 279608

[This message has been edited by Bill Miller (edited October 13, 2003).]