Andy,

Thanks for the info, I think it speaks volumes. And no Kirk, you're not the only one. The CB has used this tactic in the past. The one case that I know about is the Rabbit GTI, but I do recall seeing other citings in FasTrack where the CB has stated that the AC has essentially reviewed and approved the weight of a given car.

Andy (and any of the other ITAC members), if I were in your spot, I would be very troubled by what the CB has done. They're putting you guys in a pretty tight spot. Interesting how the weight on the E36 318is was deemed to be correct, yet the weight on the VR6 Corrado was deemed to be 170# too high, especially in light of the recent comments about how weights are initially determined.

The E36 325is guys squaked when 100# was added to the weight (because it was determined to be incorrect). If all of those factors went into the determination of the weight (and there is no published formula), how can anyone say that an adjustment is right or wrong? I suspect that not much of a stink was made over the Corrado adjustment becausee it was not a top car to start with, and nobody feels that a 170# weight break will make it a top car. In essence, it wasn't a player, and it probably won't be a threat in the future, even at a lower weight

Darin,

I don't know what information you need to get, either you were involved in researching the weight on the E36 318is or you were not, end of story. And, I don't see what difference it makes if I'm interested in building one of those cars or not. As Kirk said, it looks like the CB could be using the ITAC as the patsy in this case (and others). Rather than directly answering a fairly simple question, you take the politician's approach. I think those panties are still somewhat bunched!

------------------
MARRS #25 ITB Rabbit GTI (sold) | MARRS #25 HProd Rabbit
SCCA 279608