Well, I have a PG in my street car (98 Neon SOHC with a few mods), and I can tell you that it basically does nothing. Now, I had my trans apart anyway when I installed it, but I'm glad I didn't spend any money on it really. At this point with both front wheels off the ground, I can grab one and spin it quickly, and the mass of the other one is enough that it won't spin right away. If I do it slowly, both spin together. I figure that's a breakaway torque of about 50 ft.lbs. on the old estimometer.

If you want to make something and you can't afford a torsen, get some tool steel blocks machined up and use high pressure machine springs between them. It'll help a lot to machine the spider gears down so as to have a larger, flatter surface for the block to push against. Just remember, this is using friction to do something where there shouldn't be much friction, so your wear *may* (read-will) increase. Just inspect it regularly and you'll *probably* catch any problems before too much damage is done...

BTW- the above idea should NOT be attempted by anyone who actually can get the correct setup LS for their car. For the rest of us that are screwed, it's all we've got...

------------------
Matt Green
"Ain't nothin' improved about Improved Touring..."