Originally posted by ITANorm:
You may "gasket match" - to a free gasket - and you are not required to do it to both sides.
Could someone please point out the section of the GCR that says you can "gasket match"? Not picking on you Norm, but I've seen this reference several times, and for the life of me I can't find it in my GCR.

<font face=\"Verdana, Arial\" size=\"2\">It has been decreed by the tech department that it is not legal to modify or remove it (since it's neither part of the head nor the manifold)</font>
Not trying to be argumentative Norm, but can you be more specific as to when/how this was determined. The reason I'm asking is that I've heard from several 240SX owners who said the butterflies could be removed as part of the matching process.

<font face=\"Verdana, Arial\" size=\"2\">Match means make both sides the same size.</font>
George, I have to disagree with your definition. In this context I believe match means to make both sides the same size as the other. I know it's a fine point, but I think the second you remove more material than necessary to make the ports "match", you have gone beyond what the rule allows. JMHO

Earl